•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  /

Technologically Challenged!

We all have heard funny computer jokes.

We all have a question at one time or another.

Someone is bound to know an answer to your question.

So let it fly, keep it clean.

I am going to put the first in here, because it says it all..........

This info just in for people attempting to use mobile devices to access mysterynet:

You are now supposed to be redirected. Some people have said they were not redirected until they clicked on a discussion, but then it worked fine. If you are not automatically redirected, this is the web address:

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/discuss_mysterynet

If you could check this out, it would be a great help to me, as I don't have mobile access and we need to know if this is working.

Please email me at fhinkel@roadrunner.com

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (1197 previous messages)
kirsten b - 09:35am Nov 17, 2014 PST(#1198 of 1209)

My class is challenging me.

rubyj - 10:44pm Nov 30, 2014 PST(#1199 of 1209)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

So, one of my nephews used the pc to watch some videos, plugged in headphones, and now the computer/monitor speaker won't make any sound. I did everything, no it wasn't muted, sound all the way up, trouble shooter shows nothing is wrong, unplugged the audio jack, restarted twice, nothing. So, bought some headphones and sound plays great through them...still no sound from the monitor. Oh well...

kirsten b - 12:56pm Dec 1, 2014 PST(#1200 of 1209)

computers are funny

Fran Hinkel - 08:09am Dec 2, 2014 PST(#1201 of 1209)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Yeah, right up until the moment you put a hammer through the screen!

rubyj - 11:18pm Dec 2, 2014 PST(#1202 of 1209)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

I visualize doing that...can't afford to really do it. Wow, the sound through those headphones, and not the expensive ones either, is so great AND loud!

Eeva - 06:15am Dec 15, 2014 PST(#1203 of 1209)

Do you dislike the headphones, Ruby? Maybe it would help uninstalling them?

rubyj - 08:03pm Dec 17, 2014 PST(#1204 of 1209)

No, the headphones are fine, the sound is so much better when listening to videos/music...the speaker on the monitor just won't work.

Eeva - 09:07am Dec 19, 2014 PST(#1205 of 1209)

It is possible that the headphone installed some newer dll which is not working for the older speaker... Windows is very bad with these things.

rubyj - 12:57am Dec 24, 2014 PST(#1206 of 1209)

Could be!

Fran Hinkel - 09:16am Jan 12, 2015 PST(#1207 of 1209)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Got a new monitor for Christmas. Set it all up only to find that it did not have speakers. Decided to hang on to the old one for now because I am going to be needing a new computer pretty soon. This one is starting to get frustrating. It is always telling me I am using all my resources and can't think of anything to delete from my computer. This one came with Vista, so a lot of things are giving me problems and I can't update IE because Vista does not support it. I have Chrome and Mozilla installed, but there are things I don't know how to transfer over so I only use them once in a while.

kirsten b - 06:47am Jan 14, 2015 PST(#1208 of 1209)

Time to upgrade. You wont believe how much faster a new computer is.

rubyj - 11:52pm Jan 14, 2015 PST(#1209 of 1209)

Would you believe, the monitor had a button to turn up the sound on the speaker...and my niece's boyfriend who works on computers/internet was on his knees checking out the computer when my niece found it? Priceless...

This laptop is a Windows 7, about 4+ years old now & feels like an antique...can't afford a new one, so it better keep limping along. I had to get rid of firefox on it, keep messing it up...just using good old IE now, had to delete SlimCleaner, as after using it for a while, AVG finally found it had a hidden Trojan in it...sticking with AVG, Advanced SystemCare & Malwarebytes...never a problem with these 3.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  / Technologically Challenged!

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: