•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  /

Debate!!

Hello All - The Rules of Debate are not always followed here, but serious issues can come up and people may sometimes have opinions that greatly differ. Please keep in mind that things posted here are just opinions - not necessarily right and not necessarily wrong - just opinions. Because we have a different opinion, that is not an excuse to berate others for theirs. If you have a serious problem with something that was said to you, the best way to handle that is through email where a private dialog may clear things up. The rules of good taste and civility still apply here, as they do in our other discussions. We ask that all participants follow that guideline.

Please keep in mind that this discussion may not be for all people. Some may find it too emotionally charged to participate.

NOTICE: Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MysteryNet.Com

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (13317 previous messages)
kirsten b - 07:56am Aug 8, 2013 PST(#13318 of 13330)

What do you think of transferring kids from failing schools to non failing schools? What if the kids are far behind in their learning? How far will the teachers have to go to accommodate these kids? Will they be able to catch up? Oh, and what happens if these kids bring down the test scores so much that the non failing schools start to fail?

Fran Hinkel - 04:16am Aug 30, 2013 PST(#13319 of 13330)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Better question is why are there any failing schools? If I had a kid in a failing school, I would want a transfer. I would look into tutoring if they are behind.

kirsten b - 01:03pm Aug 30, 2013 PST(#13320 of 13330)

The schools I am actually thinking of have after school tutoring. I did testing at one of them for Sylvan. You should see the school. Inner city, mostly poor folk, but gee, its a lovely school. Prettier than most. Wonder where all their cash went....

Fran Hinkel - 07:51am Sep 12, 2013 PST(#13321 of 13330)

It's pretty sad that we send so much money to everybody, but we can't take care of our own right here at home. Infuriating, really.

kirsten b - 10:00am Sep 12, 2013 PST(#13322 of 13330)

I know. I sure hope they stay out of the whole Syria business. I am to the point of as long as they arent messing with us, let them sort their own problems out. They just end up hating us more when we go over to make them comply with what we think is right. Heck, there are whole towns around here that should be put out of their misery. They want to kill each other so bad erect a big fence and let them go at it.

Fran Hinkel - 06:58am Oct 7, 2013 PST(#13323 of 13330)

Am hearing you on that, Kirs, but it is hard to keep them inside the fence!

kirsten b - 08:43am Oct 7, 2013 PST(#13324 of 13330)

Mad max, 2 go in 1 comes out?

Fran Hinkel - 06:07am Oct 27, 2013 PST(#13325 of 13330)

ha ha

kirsten b - 09:30am Nov 17, 2014 PST(#13326 of 13330)

Been a while. Pumkin, pecan, or some other kind of desert on your thankgiving table?

I am a pecan person. My mom makes it for me. I don't like pumpkin pie.

Fran Hinkel - 08:00am Dec 2, 2014 PST(#13327 of 13330)

I don't think I've ever had pecan pie - not a big fan of pecans or really, any kind of nuts in my pies. I always make pumpkin at Thanksgiving and Christmas and a cherry cheese pie. I made my first coconut chess pie the week before. I like that a lot and will make that again. It's really easy too.

kirsten b - 08:03am Dec 2, 2014 PST(#13328 of 13330)

We had pecan, cheesecake, and pumpkin. Love the pecan and cheesecake

Fran Hinkel - 08:07am Dec 2, 2014 PST(#13329 of 13330)

My Mom never made the cheesecake one. We used to have pumpkin and mincemeat when I was growing up. Never took to the mincemeat one much. It's really sweet and I think just the idea that "meat" was in its name was enough to keep me from eating it as a kid! I think Mom used to make apple pie for New Year's. I don't usually make pies for New Year's.

kirsten b - 08:19am Dec 2, 2014 PST(#13330 of 13330)

We just needed another desert and I suggested pudding pie or cheesecake.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  / Debate!!

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: