•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  /

Announcement Board and Other News

Chantel Dawn Lyngstad - 07:36pm Apr 4, 1999 PST
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious(or somthing like that!!)- Albert Einstein

This discussion is for posting announcements and IMPORTANT criteria. Please, please, please, don't use it for a chat room and try to keep your messages simple, short, and to the point. Thank you!!

Link to Special Thoughts

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (6650 previous messages)
Fran Hinkel - 12:17pm Jun 27, 2016 PST(#6651 of 6661)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I think everything is in a state of flux right now. Not sure what will be still be here. Hope you will keep checking back in!

Aggie - 10:53am Jul 12, 2016 PST(#6652 of 6661)
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ee cummings

Mysterynet was the very first site I ever posted in - very sorry to see the community discussions will close....

MaxOut - 02:11pm Jul 13, 2016 PST(#6653 of 6661)
Worlds worst excuse: "But we've always done it that way."

Bummer (but I'm guilty too for not being around). Mystery parties and the gatherings were fun though.

Fran Hinkel - 11:03am Aug 22, 2016 PST(#6654 of 6661)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

We need to have a Reunion Week!

Anna Christine - 11:59pm Sep 29, 2016 PST(#6655 of 6661)

Hi there. I see that the Community is apparently being discontinued? I registered with this site back in 2004, I believe? I was "catlover13" then later changed my name to Anna Christie. I remember writing Nancy Drew stories and chatting with all of the members over on that section of the site!

Fran Hinkel, were you moderator there? As LuckyStar or something similar? I have missed this place so much and made a couple of VERY close friends on this site! It was my second home during my teenage years and a much needed safe area of friendship, fun and mystery! I've wondered about you guys over the years and was on the phone with a friend I made here almost ten years ago. We were talking about who used to be the moderator and were hoping she was okay! I believe that's you, Fran? If so, I just wanted to say thank you so very much for all the years you dedicated to keeping Mnet and the Nancy Drew forum safe for all of us "kids!" We sure enjoyed it over there! I hope you're doing well and it breaks my heart to see this place go. Someone said it was the end of an era and I completely agree! I guess forums aren't what they used to be, what with Facebook taking over the world!

If anyone's still on here reading messages, hello and thanks for all the memories!

PS Any chance this place could be "resurrected" as a Facebook Private Group or something?

Ed Oliver - 06:13pm Nov 19, 2016 PST(#6656 of 6661)
the ghostly visitor

How sad to hear the community may be closed. I first signed up in 1998, and was fairly active for 3-4 years till job and free time changes caused me to taper off. I see at least a few other "old timers" I remember who are still here, like Aggie, Jinx, Kirsten b and of course Fran. Given how long ago Fran first mentioned the shutdown, and here the boards are still, did the TPTB change their minds?

kirsten b - 12:40am Nov 21, 2016 PST(#6657 of 6661)

a few of us pop in from time to time, but I just dont think that tptb is actively monitoring this any more.

Ed Oliver - 11:37am Nov 21, 2016 PST(#6658 of 6661)
the ghostly visitor

I guess that may be a good thing for those who might still want to check in, however infrequently.

kirsten b - 11:26am Nov 23, 2016 PST(#6659 of 6661)

Many of us now chat on facebook, just not mystery related any more

Ed Oliver - 02:52pm Nov 25, 2016 PST(#6660 of 6661)
the ghostly visitor

Yeah, I sort of deduced that. I've just never really gotten into Facebook. Have an extremely bare bones profile solely because I needed to have one for something else. Maybe I'll look into starting to use it a bit more.

BrashNZ - 08:35pm Jul 7, 2017 PST(#6661 of 6661)
My real name is Ashley, I play Brass, I live in New Zealand. So you can just call me Ashley or Ash if you want.

This is sad news. I just popped in to look around, say hi etc. But as I said last time I popped in (November 2013), it seems that the evil facebook has spoiled what was a great site to visit. I wonder if anyone will even see/read this post now (8-mths after the previous comments). I wonder if anyone is still here from a few years back - anyone who remembers me. Ah, well. Sometimes change is NOT as great as people make it out to be, but change is inevitable anyway! My greetings to anyone who DOES read this and remember me from (the old days).

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Information Areas  / Announcement Board and Other News

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: