Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mysteries By Members  / Solve-it-Yourself and Puzzle Mysteries  /

Mini Mystery by Me!!!!!!!

magic5 - 04:48pm Jan 6, 2008 PST

The Case of the Corked Caper

Lily Sanchez walked down the block happily. Suddenly, a stranger tapped her on the back! "Excuse me," said the man, with a bushy black mustache and black framed eyeglasses. "Would you like to buy this?" He pulled out a message in a bottle, with crisp, white paper in a green bottle. Lily was an American historical past expert. So, she took it home to inspect it and read it.

"Dear George," Lily began reading to herself later that night.

"Last night I heard horses' hooves clop-clopping on the muddy dirt road near our tents. I peeked out of my cabin and saw that the British were there. Quickly, I hopped on my horse, as quiet as could be, and took the narrow path by the river to warn citizens and generals that the British were coming." Lily took a deep breath, and read the last parts of it carefully.

"Please come back soon!!! We need your help!! Heal as quickly as possible!"

Sincerely,

Thomas Jefferson"

Lily was astonished. She loved the American past! It was so interesting! But she slept on the idea of buying it and had a plan the next morning.

That next morning (luckily Lily had jotted down the man's phone number) Lily called the man and he asked her if she wanted it. "No," she said briskly, "It's a fake."

How did Lily know?

Check 'Mini Mystery Answer by Me' to find out how Lily knew.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mysteries By Members  / Solve-it-Yourself and Puzzle Mysteries  / Mini Mystery by Me!!!!!!!

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: