Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mysteries By Members  / Solve-it-Yourself and Puzzle Mysteries  /

A Murder In The House (by Niamh McInnes)

Niamh McInnes - 09:44am May 17, 1999 PST
Guest User

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages (4 previous messages)
Niamh McInnes - 10:05am May 17, 1999 PST(#5 of 15)
Guest User

WHO KILLED CATE McALLERY AND WHY?

a) Patrick b) Tommy c) Anna d) Chris

Niamh McInnes - 10:06am May 17, 1999 PST(#6 of 15)
Guest User

SOLUTION: Tommy killed Cate. He had to be lying about hearing Anna and Chris come in as they'd split up and he also implicated himself by saying that the killer "couldn't be bothered to turn the music off" - yet he could not have known what time Cate was murdered unless he was the murderer.

Upon further questioning, Tommy confessed that he was in fact a spy and Cate was his mole. One of the papers Cate had been looking through before she was killed was the memorandum saying that the leak had been discovered and they were looking for the culprit. Scared by this, Cate told Tommy that she couldn't give him any more information. Tommy was worried that she could be persuaded to reveal his identity, so he killed her.

Niamh McInnes - 10:08am May 17, 1999 PST(#7 of 15)
Guest User

there! I think that's it...

any comments? please? this is the first mystery that I have written...

Lucy LaChance - 02:08pm Apr 21, 2000 PST(#8 of 15)

Niamh, Again I have to say that I am new to this area of the internet. I think your story was very good. It held my interest. There weren't so many characters that you get confused as to who's who, but enough to make you wonder. Hope to see some more of your work.

Tonya Palmer - 12:40pm Oct 27, 2001 PST(#9 of 15)
So this is what the real world is like... I like mine better.

Great story! The only problem I had was it was so easily solved as soon as the detective talked to Anna. As soon as she said she came home alone the case was over. I don't think Tommy would have stated that she (Anna) came in with her boyfriend. He would have known that the police would talk to Anna, and would have then told the truth, leaving out the murder though. Just his one slip up would have made me reread the story to figure out who dun'it. I missed that completely! I liked the story very much though. Please do write more.

Tonya

james johnson - 03:34pm Jul 22, 2002 PST(#10 of 15)

I am new to the website and this was my 1st story read. It was a very good story there was just about enough characters. If you or any body else have some information on good murder mystery books that i could read please dont hestitate to e-mail me at johnsonmu69@hotmail.com eagerly await a reply.

James

Charlene Robinson - 01:52pm Jun 23, 2003 PST(#11 of 15)

Hi I'm new at this site and a little lost. I didn't read the story, but would like to help solve this or others. If it has been solved, please let me on who did it, thank you. If not please direct me to the area to where the stories are put.

Maggie Cat - 02:01pm Jun 23, 2003 PST(#12 of 15)
"No fur, no paws, no tail. They run away from mice. They never get enough sleep. How can you help but love such an absurd animal?"- Catnip For The Soul

Charlene, the solution is in post # 6.

Just scroll to the top and hit previous.

The story was the first 5 posts.

If you want to actively solve mysteries, I would reccomend Teasers By Members.

To get there
click Mysterynet Community
select Comunity Games
and the Teasers by Members

Or the easy way, there should be a column on the left side of your window (on my screen it's grey) At the top there is a breakdown, and you should find Community Games near the top.

Hope this helps!

Fran Hinkel - 06:17am Jul 17, 2003 PST(#13 of 15)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

You can also check out the Solve It, The Twist, Get a Clue and The Flash stories. You can find those by clicking the link on the left for Online Mysteries. Some are read-along and some let you try to solve it first.

Lexi Lou - 05:14pm Sep 11, 2006 PST(#14 of 15)
Hey people i love Nancy Drew and I can't wait till Creature of Kapu iT'S HERE! yeah Finally! WHOOPEE!!

Terrifis lots of effort if I can am I allowed to add to thestory plz post back I looooooved your story.

Love Lexi Lou Whoo

Fran Hinkel - 06:53am Sep 14, 2006 PST(#15 of 15)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Sorry, no, others are not permitted to add to someone else's stories.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / Mysteries By Members  / Solve-it-Yourself and Puzzle Mysteries  / A Murder In The House (by Niamh McInnes)

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: