Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / General Information For Getting Published  /

Market Info

Information an markets for mystery writers-- List the new markets you've found, let us know if a magazine is 'dead', share gossip about what editors what, changes in submission addresses and any other marketing info you can think of.

Fran Hinkel - 06:42am Oct 26, 1999 PST(#1 of 6)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Originally posted by Brigit's Temple --

Brigit's Temple (new Fiction Magazine) is looking for submissions for its first issue. This is a paying, print magazine that features stories with a new age bent. Check out the guidelines before submitting. Contact:

brigits_temple@excite.com

Dennis J. McGowan - 12:27pm Nov 9, 1999 PST(#2 of 6)
Read Dennis J. McGowan on www.RoseDog.com

Has any one else posted their work on http:\\www.rosedog.com? Received any feedback? An excerpt of my mainstream novel 'False Stature' is posted. Your comments are welcome either on RoseDog or here. Just click on Search Criteria and type in the title. Thanks.

Hermund Torkildsen - 01:09am Mar 20, 2000 PST(#3 of 6)

I've posted work on rosedog, but i haven't got any feedback. Well... it was just a couple of weeks ago, though. Maybe it's too soon...

russell doyle - 10:59am Oct 20, 2000 PST(#4 of 6)

supposedly, a cult book about children in Australia will never sell, particularly if it has a green cover.

John Poindexter - 06:28am Jan 3, 2002 PST(#5 of 6)

Yes, I have some work on rosedog and the only response I have received is from a vanity publisher wanting nearly 7000 to publish my novel.

Deleted that message right away.

John http://embark.to/jpoindexter

SamW - 03:29pm Mar 22, 2004 PST(#6 of 6)

I suppose the situation is this: assuming that the posting is non-paying, what's the good of it. I can post my novels and stories on my own website and let people know about them.

The eventual goal is to get my novels sold and printed by a hard publisher, with advance and such.

A secondary goal would of course be an internet site where you can post and where the readers must pay to see the story or to download it. Or maybe a print-on-demand.

But just to post it for free? I'm not sure what gain comes from that.

Anyone have ideas, comments? Thanks.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / General Information For Getting Published  / Market Info

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: