Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / General Information For Getting Published  /

For unpublished short story mystery writers . . .

I recently had the pleasure of being a presenter at the ReBa-Con Convention in San Francisco. During that convention, I met a number of eauthors and chatted about their writing, futures, and hopes. Meeting these folks inspired me in a number of ways.

I am an author in the true crime/mystery generes with several books published by Random House, Dell, Praeger, and DES (an ebook). I also have a popular website at www.crimescribe.com that may be of help to aspiring writers.

If you write in the true crime or mystery genres, heres an offer to have your work published on my website. Each month (or so), I will publish the best article or short story received. Your work will be highlighted at the top of the site and given its own page. Hopefully, this kind of exposure will push your writing career and get you noticed by the thousands of visitors that stop by my site each week. Many of my visitors are publishers, epublishers, and other authors. I will also bring the best of the submissions to the attention of publishers as the opportunity presents itself.

There is no charge for any of this, but there are conditions (so I can keep my time and sanity intact). This is my way of putting something back in appreciation for my own writing career. However, a writer's life is a busy one, so I want to keep this offer somewhat limited. Please DO NOT send me email before you check the website for the details. I get TONS of email and have trouble answering it all.

If you think this may work for you, please see www.crimescribe.com for details.

Good luck in your writing!

Michael D. Kelleher

www.crimescribe.com

Leah_Young - 10:39pm Jul 3, 2000 PST(#1 of 3)
"I have something to say: It's better to burn out, than fade away!"

What a nice idea. You have no idea how many writers are looking for such oppurtunities.

thanx!

Leah_Young - 11:03pm Jul 3, 2000 PST(#2 of 3)
"I have something to say: It's better to burn out, than fade away!"

Hey, ummm, as embarassing as this is, I don't know how to write a query. I tried to figure this out by searching the web for instructions but instead got things that were totally irrelevant. Can anyone please help me with this? I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Mo W. - 08:31pm Jul 29, 2000 PST(#3 of 3)

Leah,

You can get info on queries and other general writing/publishing topics at www.writersdigest.com. Also try the front section articles in Writer's Market, which may be available at your library. This should be a standard topic in any decent book on writing for publication. Good luck!

P.S. Don't hold back the surprise ending in your query.

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Writing Mysteries  / General Information For Getting Published  / For unpublished short story mystery writers . . .

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: