•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / Mystery Movies  /

Need help finding a movie

Ironically I'm not looking for a specific movie. I'm looking for a cliche. The genre is called Hard Boiled I believe. I need the name of a movie, really any one, that is a 100% cliche Hard Boiled dectective movie. The kind were the guy is a P.I. and the girl walks into his office and he narrates what happens. Like "she walked into my office like a cat out of an alley. She was looking for trouble." With the slinky music and the classic plot line...that's exactly what I want. Practically every TV show made has done an episode like this and that's what I'm looking for. It doesn't matter what the name of it is as long as it's like what I described I'm dying to find one. Can anyone help me!? Post here or, preferably, email me at-- Mouth10@aol.com THANK YOU!!!!

Fran Hinkel - 06:25am Mar 4, 2006 PST(#1 of 6)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I think you will find what you are looking for at our link HERE

Kate Finley - 08:13am Feb 1, 2007 PST(#2 of 6)

I am searching for the title of a "Masterpiece Mystery Theatre" type of movie I saw in the '80s- the plot as I remember it was 2 older gentlemen had a "club" to whom they invited others to join, only to kill them when they arrived at the house? ring anyone's bells? I don't know if it actually aired on PBS's Masterpiece Theatre, but was of that quality. THanks, K

Judy Weissman - 05:52pm Feb 7, 2007 PST(#3 of 6)

There is a movie I think was made in the 1950's or early 60's. I have no idea who was in it, or the name of the move. The story was a daughter going to see her father, but he wasn't there, and the stepmother kept saying he would be there soon. Two scenes I remember are: at one point, you see the father's body at the bottom of the pool, and another where the daughter is in a car, probably going off a cliff, and the father's body is in the back seat of the car. I know, not much to go on, but this has stuck with me for many years! Help!

Fran Hinkel - 05:14am Jul 25, 2007 PST(#4 of 6)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Are you sure this was a movie? It sounds very much like a plot for the Alfred Hitchcock Hour, although I can't help with the title.

Robin Candelario - 01:37pm Mar 11, 2008 PST(#5 of 6)
complete cat lover persian owner

T. A. G. The Assassination Game starring Robert Carradine was deliberately made this way. 1982, I have my own vhs copy. Dart gun college game becomes deadly and Carradine is newspaper columnist.

Haro Girl - 07:53pm Apr 6, 2008 PST(#6 of 6)

Hi I was hoping that someone, anyone here can help me find the name of a particular Alfred Hitchcock film. All I can remember from it is a flashback scene of the hero as a child. He is sliding down a banister outside an apartment of some sorts. We only see his feet. At the end of the banster, we see another child (his brother?). As the child reaches the bottom, his feet hit the other and pushes him off and ONTO a spiked fence.

Please tell me, which film is this?

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / TV, Movies & More  / Mystery Movies  / Need help finding a movie

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: