Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  /

Ellery Queen

Ellery Queen Books

Find Books by:
In Association with Amazon.com

MysteryBookstore.com, in association with Amazon.com, offers books picks by this author and many more.
• Browse authors and genres
• Any book bought supports MysteryNet.com-- save up to 40%

I loved Ellery Queen back in the '70s. However, I was just a kid and don't remember any of the shows. I just remember loving the show and trying to solve the crime b4 Ellery! Does anyone know where they are being shown (i.e. what cable channel), or where the videos are being sold?

The Watcher Note: Read more about Ellery Queen and his creators in the Mystery Time Line.

Please add to this discussion below!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (49 previous messages)
Darryl Palmer - 07:29am Nov 30, 1999 PST(#50 of 73)

I've found the Haycraft-Queen list in two sources: "The Armchair Detective Book of Lists" and "Murder Ink" (which is a wonderful book, btw--it has an honored place in our bathroom). Hope this helps.

Annonymas - 01:10pm Mar 2, 2000 PST(#51 of 73)

Ellery Queen shows are being shown on tvland. They are not shown all the tile though.

Caroline & Lynne - 03:12am Mar 25, 2000 PST(#52 of 73)

We run a small mystery club for Ellery Queen (both the books & tv series) and Jim/Tim Hutton. If anyone would like to join (its free) please contact us at qed5h8@hotmail.com.

Lionel Gibbons - 08:00pm Jun 3, 2000 PST(#53 of 73)

I love the Ellery Queen Mystery show. I have all of them on tape but have yet to find a place to buy them without the commercials. I also have mostly all his books. I am always looking for the first editions though.

andrew jones - 10:48am Jun 30, 2000 PST(#54 of 73)

Here's what I once heard: Sometime late in "Queen's" life, Manfred Lee silently retired from the partnership, and all Queen novels after that were ghost-written. Any truth to that? Where can I find more info?

x? - 09:53am Jul 7, 2000 PST(#55 of 73)

Well I know that one of the cousins "passed on" and the other kept writing Queen. I know TVLand ran a Queen episode in last Sundays' "box set" that had Betty White in it. I really liked Hutton as Queen

Michelle Melton - 07:35pm Jul 18, 2000 PST(#56 of 73)

My dad is a big Ellery Queen fan. He collects mystery books and has all of the Ellery Queen books, but one. We are looking for "Campus Murders" to complete his collection. If you can help me locate a copy, let me know. Thanks!

P Marlowe - 08:26pm Aug 20, 2000 PST(#57 of 73)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

In the middle of the night last week (don't ask me what I was doing up) on Mystery Channel saw "The Spanish Cape Mystery" which was by Ellery Queen. It was made in something like 1939.

Linda Cardwell - 04:47pm Sep 16, 2000 PST(#58 of 73)

The IQ TV show was not bad. I haven't seen any channels showing reruns though. I always thought the books were better. Does anyone have the titles to all of the IQ books? It's a lot easier to search when you know what titles you want in "out of print" e-tailers.

Roger Bryant - 04:48pm Sep 30, 2000 PST(#59 of 73)

I recently found a book named "Double, Double" by Ellery Queen.. hehe.. now i find out he is a character in the book not the author. And it seems 2 cousins are the authurs, but i see their first name but not their last name here. The book is a hardback with red covers published by Little, Brown and company of Boston. It is just one of those little mysteries i like to do research about online. Like finding an old picture with a name on it, and seeing if i can find the people. A modern, low workout, kind of mystery. :)

murat durmaz - 05:58am Oct 6, 2000 PST(#60 of 73)

I am trying to find out the title of an Ellery Queen mystery. I think the crime takes place on a bus. And an American, somehow related with stock market, is murdered. His wife is an actress or singer or something alike. I will grateful if someone helps me. thanx

murat

murat durmaz - 08:56am Oct 9, 2000 PST(#61 of 73)

Also an actor, called Drury Lane tries to solve the case together with the police. The means of murder is poisinious needles placed in the murdered guy's pocket. Please help me!!!

Luvamystery - 07:04pm Oct 11, 2000 PST(#62 of 73)

Murat, The title of the Ellery Queen novel you are looking for is The Tragedy of X. It was written in 1932. There are four Drury Lane novels. Also The Tragedy of Y, The Tragedy of Z and Drury Lane's Last Case. They were written under the pen name of Barnaby Ross not Ellery Queen!! Hope this helps you out!

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (11 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Ellery Queen

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: