•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Teasers by Members  /

Help Using MysteryNet.com Teasers

Hi all, and welcome to Teasers by Members, a feature of MysteryNet.com.

Here's the deal:
Each Teaser starts with the setup - a short description of the teaser. Members then attempt to solve the teaser by posting yes or no questions for the Teaser Master to answer until the solution is arrived at. If you have already heard the Teaser, please do not give away the solution.

• PLEASE read all the questions from the beginning of a Teaser before posting your own. Try not to post the same question twice.
 • Please post no more than 4 total questions between receiving answers from the Teaser Master.
 • Try to refrain from any unnecessary topics or non-teaser related discussions in the Teaser Section.
 • Please do not use any fonts (color, face, size) besides the default unless you are the Teaser Master.
 • Solved Teasers will be marked and moved to "Teasers with Solutions" and will be deleted after a short time.
 • PLEASE, if you've heard a Teaser before, or think you know the answer at the very beginning of a Teaser, email the Teaser Master by clicking on their name at the top of the Teaser.

How to become a Teaser Master:
To have your own Teaser posted, you must first be a registered user of the MysteryNet Community. In order to register, just click the "Register" button at the bottom of your screen.
Send your teaser, title, solution, and MysteryNet "NAME" to: fhinkel@adelphia.net
As soon as we're able, we'll post your Teaser in the Teasers by Members folder-- but please stick around to answer the questions and interact with everyone!

• Please do not send in Teasers as attachments in emails as they will be automatically denied. Instead, copy and paste them into the body of the email.
 • Please send only one teaser per email. You can submit several but they should be in separate emails.
 • If you are sending a teaser with a co-host, please include their email address also.

Thanks, and enjoy the Teasers

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (296 previous messages)
Alex Martin - 12:51pm Oct 27, 2004 PST(#297 of 322)

Hey guys. In case you haven't noticed I'm hosting a puzzle in the classic teasers section and I was wondering how I post something in blue.

Martha Dumas - 02:45pm Oct 27, 2004 PST(#298 of 322)
Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body (and vice versa), we now know that only left-handed people are truly in their right minds.

Alex, just put font color=blue in between angle brackets, which are < and > in front of the text that you want to appear in blue. At the end of the text, put /font in between angle brackets.

Alex Martin - 05:30pm Oct 27, 2004 PST(#299 of 322)

thanks martha! :)

Atanua- 8^) - 12:35am Oct 28, 2004 PST(#300 of 322)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

Have fun, alex! :o)

Cassell Diane - 09:10am Dec 23, 2004 PST(#301 of 322)

I have a mystery I want to post, but I don't know how to contact Fran Hinkel. Fran Hinkel, please email me at Fuzzier18@aol.com and inform me on what the proper proceders are for posting a mystery. Thank you. Ps. I posted a mystery on classic teasers, with out know I supposted to contact you first sorry about the inconveniance.

kirsten b - 09:31am Dec 23, 2004 PST(#302 of 322)

The way to submit a teaser is:

Send your teaser, title, solution, and MysteryNet "NAME" to: fhinkel@gwi.net As soon as we're able, we'll post your Teaser in the Teasers by Members folder-- but please stick around to answer the questions and interact with everyone. (It may be days or even a few weeks before it is posted)

Fran Hinkel - 06:31am Jan 12, 2005 PST(#303 of 322)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Thanks (((((Kirsten))))), still haven't heard from this prospective TM.

bobby walters - 11:39am Jan 19, 2005 PST(#304 of 322)

how do you play....i want to play...it sounds fun, but the instructions do me no good!!!!!!!

Atanua- 8^) - 11:45am Jan 19, 2005 PST(#305 of 322)
Short and unpronouncable ... and proud of it!!!

Hi bobby, welcome to MN!

Just go to the Classic Teasers and join anyone of them. Check the most recent recap and read the questions and answers from there. Then you can jump in with your own questions yes/no. You're allowed to ask 4 at the time. Wait for the host to come answer them and you can ask 4 more. And then of course you have to figure out the story ;o) Have fun!

Cornflak - 08:36pm Feb 6, 2005 PST(#306 of 322)
There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker. - Charles Schulz

Hey everybody! I'm new to this area, so I wanted to make sure I understood how everything worked. In classic teasers, the answers can be guessed at in the discussion, but in the rest you're supposed to e-mail your solutions? I wasn't sure, because I couldn't find it posted anywhere.

Sunnybrook - 08:41pm Feb 6, 2005 PST(#307 of 322)
If all I wanted was attention, I'd be naked.

That's correct, in the various logic puzzles,and such, e-mail the host of the puzzle,so that the puzzle will remain a mystery.

In classic teasers, the point of the puzzle is for all the MNers to figure out what heppened.. unless the opener sounds like a story you have heard/read about before, you are free to ask yes/no question to help solve the story/mystery. If you think you know the answer without having to ask yes/no questions, it's always best to email the host.. generally these puzzles last anywhere from 50 posts to about 150 post.

Cornflak - 04:03pm Feb 7, 2005 PST(#308 of 322)
There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker. - Charles Schulz

Thanks! I think I'll join in on the next classic.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (14 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Community Mystery Games  / Teasers by Members  / Help Using MysteryNet.com Teasers

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: