•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Alfred Hitchcock  /

The Movies of Alfred Hitchcock

Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980), auteur, showman and famed director, had a career spanning five decades and over 50 films. Over 70 years after his first film, his name is still synonymous with suspense. Discover and discuss the Master of Suspense with other MysteryNet community members.

Discuss Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The TV Series.

Discuss the Alfred Hitchcock Short Story Anthologies and magazine

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (511 previous messages)
abhijit - 06:54am Jan 5, 2006 PST(#512 of 529)

its next to impossible to mark out a single hitchcock film as my favourite. i am very much interested in how hitchcock brings out the complexities of human psyche in each of his films and how he problematises them.

Amit Sharma - 05:30am Jan 9, 2006 PST(#513 of 529)
free lance writer, web content developer

HITCHCOCK MOVIES REVIEW You can read some reviews of Hithcock movies and his style at the website

http://www.alfred-hitchcock-movies.com

KareninDenver - 04:52pm Feb 4, 2006 PST(#514 of 529)

My sister & I were discussing a Alfred Hitchcock movie that gave us both nightmares when we were kids...it was a person taking a ring off of a dead persons finger which left a bruise ..that is all we remember...does anyone know the name of his movie that had that ??? thanks*

jatin - 02:52am Mar 15, 2006 PST(#515 of 529)

This is for William Pratt and Philip Marlowe.

You are the two biggest egomaniacal idiots in the world who think they are always right. Just because someone puts forward the point that Hitch was afraid of policemen, (which the REAL expertsof Hitchcok know to be true - read more, instead of blindly faffing and accept the fact that others DO KNOW MORE THAN YOU), you immediately feel threatened and vehemently do everything in your power to say NO.

Show some bloody maturity - grow up - it's a viewpoint and you don't have to keep convincing cherry kosher (yes, even this is a proud alias name). If not, too bad. It just shows that you resemble tow jokers from a Samuel Beckett play " Waiting for Godot'.

Fran Hinkel - 05:13am Mar 17, 2006 PST(#516 of 529)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Hello jatin

I am the Community Coordinator for MysteryNet.com I have been reviewing the posts in this discussion.

How about showing your own maturity and giving this up? How long ago did that happen anyway? You have been rude in most of your posts. This is not acceptable here.

This kind of behavior results in a loss of posting privileges here.

jeff barber - 06:54pm Mar 21, 2006 PST(#517 of 529)

The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History presents

Monster versus Myth Film Series

Monsters have been part of human lore for hundreds of years. In many films animals have been made into monsters with the capacity to destroy cities, frighten entire towns, and keep us up at night. Come learn the real truth and have some fun too! All films will be screened in High Definition (HD) so you’ll be able to enjoy the special effects these classics offer.

The Birds (1963) Wednesday, April 5, 8 PM Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, this classic follows a series of bird attacks on a small seaside town in California. Before the film, Krista Fahy, Assistant Curator of Vertebrate Zoology will talk about bird behavior.

Tickets per film are $6 adult members, $2 children; $8 non-member adults, $3 for children. For more information, please visit www.sbnature.org Screenings take place in Fleischmann Auditorium.

ASOLO - 11:51am Jun 21, 2006 PST(#518 of 529)

Do you guys have any ideas why Madeleine Elster/Judy Barton jumps at the end?

P Marlowe - 11:19pm Nov 11, 2006 PST(#519 of 529)
Glenview 7537 - Hollywood

[Quote]This is for William Pratt and Philip Marlowe.

You are the two biggest egomaniacal idiots in the world who think they are always right. Just because someone puts forward the point that Hitch was afraid of policemen, (which the REAL expertsof Hitchcok know to be true - read more, instead of blindly faffing and accept the fact that others DO KNOW MORE THAN YOU), you immediately feel threatened and vehemently do everything in your power to say NO.

Show some bloody maturity - grow up - it's a viewpoint and you don't have to keep convincing cherry kosher (yes, even this is a proud alias name). If not, too bad. It just shows that you resemble tow jokers from a Samuel Beckett play " Waiting for Godot'.[Quote]

What on earth are you ranting about? For your information, I don't make up facts about anything or anyone. Had you ever read Donald Spoto's "Dark Side of Genius" (a marvelous Hitchcock biograhy) you might have learned that a young Alfred's father had him locked in a cell for some minutes an experience that followed Alfred all his life.

Spoto wrote extensively about Hitchcock, so I serisouly doubt he's making up facts as he goes along either.

May I suggest that you famliarize yourself with the facts before you accuse others of not knowing them. Much appreciated, p marlowe

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (10 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Greats  / Alfred Hitchcock  / The Movies of Alfred Hitchcock

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: