Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Mystery Conventions and Organizations  /

Mystery Conventions and Events

Post a message about mystery conventions. Meet up with others, discuss past events, upcoming ones, and fun stories.

Be sure to check out the Mystery Events section of MysteryNet.com for detailed event information. NOTE: To discuss mystery party/dinner games, please go to:
Mystery dinner/party games

(Messages on that topic were moved to that discussion.)

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (58 previous messages)
Elaine Chase - 10:53am Feb 18, 2001 PST(#59 of 86)

Upcoming mystery conference for Feb. 4, 2002....am working on Murder Ahoy aboard the Monarch of the Seas, sets sail Feb. 4, 2002 from Ft. Lauderdale to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico, Key West and back to Lauderdale. Scheduled authors: Catherine Coulter..Romance and Suspense Thriller writer Heather Graham/Shannon Drake...romance and Suspense Thriller Writer (Tentative) Nevada Barr...mystery author Warren Levicoff, International PI and Bounty Hunter... rates start at $550 including port/tax....

contact: Elaine Chase at elainerc@juno.com for further information

judyvernon - 11:52am Apr 21, 2001 PST(#60 of 86)

Anyone know if a mystery writing workshop in the NYC area? judyvernon@msn.com

Jim Fowler - 09:39am Aug 7, 2001 PST(#61 of 86)

Anyone planning to visit Scotland next year might be interested in the mini-festival "Whodunnit?" being organised in North Berwick near Edinburgh. Check the website www.geocities.com/whodunnitfestival

Leslie Calhoun - 02:53pm Mar 4, 2002 PST(#62 of 86)

If anyone is going to be in the Pittsburgh, PA area on Monday, May 6, 2002, the Mystery Lovers Bookshop in Oakmont is holding their annual Mystery Festival. There will be 20+ authors on hand for discussions and book signings. This years guests will include Michael Connelly. For more information go to: www.mysterylovers.com

Fran Hinkel - 07:15am Mar 5, 2002 PST(#63 of 86)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Hmm.... I just finished Connelly's A Darkness More Than Night - loved it!

bemoore75 - 03:53pm Apr 16, 2002 PST(#64 of 86)

Hi all,

I'm new to the site. I'm looking for a convention in the Pacific Northwest. Preferably close to the Seattle area.

I'm also looking for a mystery writer from this area to help me with a project that I'm working on. I love to read but unfortunately can't write them. :-(

susan jordan - 07:17am May 9, 2002 PST(#65 of 86)

Hi everybody. I love mysteries ever since I read the Hardy Boys when I was a kid. I am curious about these conventions. How can I get information about up coming conventions? I have never been to one and I don't have a clue. Thanks for your help.

Norma Desofi - 04:36pm Jun 1, 2002 PST(#66 of 86)

Hi Mysterious Ones. Looking for a group, organization, or seminars in the Los Angeles area. Can't seem to find one. Let me know.

Mae Woods - 11:07am Jan 4, 2003 PST(#67 of 86)

'Lights! Camera! Murder!' the Left Coast Crime Convention 2003 is set for Feb 28-Mar 2 in Pasadena. It's an action-packed weekend of panels, movies, a radio play presentation, book signings and lots of networking opportunities with mystery writers and showbiz folks. Guest of Honor is Robert Crais. Toastmaster is Jerrilyn Farmer. Check out the website for more info: www.leftcoastcrime2003.com.

Suzanne Epstein - 01:08pm Jan 13, 2003 PST(#68 of 86)

Just for the record, Left Coast Crime 13 - "Lights, Camera, Murder" - gets underway Thursday, February 27 and ends on Sunday, Mar. 2. Detailed programming information will soon be on the web site. There are lots of new ideas and innovative programming. You can also see who's already registered. Go to www.leftcoastcrime2003.com

Patricia Giordan - 04:59am Jan 15, 2003 PST(#69 of 86)

The Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre, 54 Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ, will screen three Alfred Hitchcock films at the end of this month: Psycho at 8PM on Fri. 1/31/03; Saboteur at 4PM on Sat 2/1/03 and The Birds at 8PM on Sat. 2/1/03. The Birds will be seen in an archival Technicolor print. All films will be shown on the Loew's 50 foot by 25 foot wide screen with carbon arc illumination.

Admission will be $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children 12 years and younger.

The Loew's Jersey is a landmark Movie Palace now operating as a non-profit arts center. An important part of our mission is the presentation of classic film.

The Loew's is easily reached from throughout the New York Metropolitan Area.

For more information and directions, visit www.loewsjersey.org or call (201) 798-6055.

Thank you.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (17 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Mystery Conventions and Organizations  / Mystery Conventions and Events

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: