•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Cozy Kitchen

Midnight snack? A festive dinner with friends? Giggles over brownies?

Come to the cozy kitchen... this place is a chef's dream, with every modern appliance, including a fully-stocked refrigerator, and over in the corner there's a fireplace with a couple of comfy rocking chairs nearby. So come on in, whip up a delectable treat and share it with your friends!

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (13636 previous messages)
Caeraerie - 06:08am May 5, 2009 PST(#13637 of 15953)
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly why the Universe is here, it will instantly vanish and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory stating that this has already occurrred.

Honey tastes different based on location of the hives, type of flowers worked and even the type of honeybee. In the Southwest, most of the honey available is alfalfa-based; elsewhere in the US, it's usually clover. A friend of mine in the Las Cruces, NM, region gave me a batch one year that was made from bees working his raspberry patch. Yummy.

Rose Rosy - 08:05am May 5, 2009 PST(#13638 of 15953)
Jump! Then grow wings on the way down.

We have honey from lime trees and acacia (not sure if the translation is correct). The one from acacia is supposed to be the best - no idea why, but here it's more expensive than the others. And whenever possible we buy honey from friends who produce it, because it's more natural than the one they sell in shops. And it's true it has a different taste.

PookyDragon - 11:34am May 5, 2009 PST(#13639 of 15953)
Thwart. Thwart thwart thwart thwart thwart. Wow, say a word enough times and it really sounds silly.

orange blossom honey. mmm mmm mmm, nuff said

Bren - 01:30pm May 5, 2009 PST(#13640 of 15953)
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman--Virginia Woolf

Thanks BabyM, I'm actually a 'lifetime member' I'd lost my weight a number of years ago but I did gain it back. Ive gone back a few times, and done pretty well though never got as low as I'd like.

Right now(with age) I'm finding physical issues that will only get better with a weight loss. So I just keep thinking of that when I crave something that I know will not help.

Keep your fingers crossed that I am strong this time..lol

BabyMelany - 08:02pm May 5, 2009 PST(#13641 of 15953)

And here I thought honey was honey!! I'll have to see if I can find some locally. Orange blossom and the raspberry sound very interesting!!

Wow Bren! I've never made it to lifetime, but I want to really bad. I've been about 12 away pounds since Last January but really unmotivated until recently. I want to quit paying already!! I hope you beat those cravings!! Good luck to you!!

Fran Hinkel - 01:24am May 6, 2009 PST(#13642 of 15953)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Yes, Bren, and unfortunately, getting older makes it harder to lose the weight too. I am pulling for you!

DeeGee - 12:37pm May 6, 2009 PST(#13643 of 15953)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Baby M - I don't like honey either...(can't even stand the smell) when a cough recipe asks for it.. I use treacle instead.

Brenn - Best of luck... working on the diet myself... bought a wii fit and slogging it out on the step and boxing :o) my right swing is okay and my left is getting there. :o)

PookyDragon - 01:12pm May 6, 2009 PST(#13644 of 15953)
Thwart. Thwart thwart thwart thwart thwart. Wow, say a word enough times and it really sounds silly.

I seem to have hit my plateau, which is a healthy weight, but I'd like to see at least ten more pounds fall off.

Unfortunately, if they do, they'll fall off of certain areas that rather look better with the extra weight and not the areas I'd like to see slimmer. Those areas won't slim down because they're mostly muscle- so that means a mess of toning exercises- lower weight, high # of reps. Repetitive motion causes joint pain. I can do heavier weights with fewer reps, but that's for bulking up the muscle, which isn't necessary. I'm kinda stuck where I'm at, lol.

Pass the cake and cookies please.

Bren - 02:37pm May 6, 2009 PST(#13645 of 15953)
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman--Virginia Woolf

Thanks BabyM, DeeGee and Fran. Well,6 lbs this week (small joyful yell). Right now Im looking for 20... when I hit that, I'll go for another goal.

BabyM... I was very very young (at least compared to what I am now..LOL) it was easier then but honestly I had a very difficult time staying at that weight.

Right now all I'm looking for is to feel better and be healthier. Especially to have knees that don't get injured by just moving wrong. I'm not sure if that will ever happen since my knees have their own issues.. but it can't hurt to lose the weight.

BabyM just keep working on it, those last 15-20 lbs are the most difficult to lose. Someone once told me that it was because they have been there the longest,not sure if thats true, but it does make the struggle more logical.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (2308 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Cozy Kitchen

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: