•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  /

Suggest a New Author

Want to spread the word about new authors? You can post an announcement and information here.

Here are some basic guidelines:

• Check in the List of Authors to see if your new author already has a discussion.
  • If they don't have a discussion, create one for the new author you are announcing.
  • Post a message here, telling others a little bit about the author and their book. If you can, link the new author's discussion in your message here. If you need a little help linking the discussion, e-mail us at community@MysteryNet.com

Remember, if you want to recommend a book or check out other readers' suggestions, go to What to Read Next or Book Reviews.

(Note: All material posted becomes the property of Newfront. Newfront reserves the right to edit or remove any material.)

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (37 previous messages)
    caleb everets - 04:44pm Apr 15, 2003 PST(#38 of 56)
    fan of alfred hitchcock

hey! eon strife! try reading somethingworth reding!!!! Read alfred hitchcock! If you read skimpy little comic books alfred hitchcock will scare the living hell out of you!!!!!!!!!!

caleb everets - 04:00pm Apr 17, 2003 PST(#39 of 56)
    fan of alfred hitchcock

Hi steve andrew! this is caleb everets and i think that your book would be a sensation pluse if what you say is true, i think that you are right! i is truly the best authour in years!!!

stikeforce - 03:46am Jul 3, 2003 PST(#40 of 56)
    "It's a cult... they worship blue oysters"... MST3K 'The Final Sacrifice'

caleb, back off... if you've not read comics lately, not all are kids stuff. especially manga!. in the 80s there was a very good mystery comic called Ms. Tree. also in the 80s there was a wonderful adaptation of the Holmes stories. in fact, Harlan Ellison has been known to write comic books, and he's about as far away from juvie fic as one can get. Eon Strife, i'll look for it. the japanese have such a different style of storytelling than the west, i wanna see what they do with mysteries (altho, is Rashomon considered a mystery?)

Angela Henry - 04:01pm Aug 7, 2003 PST(#41 of 56)

Hi! My name is Angela Henry and I'm the author of The Pleasure of His Company: A Kendra Clayton Mystery, which was awarded an Honorable Mention for genre fiction in the 10th Annual Writer's Digest International Self-Publshed Book Awards Competition.

Please check out my website for more details!

Angela Henry Online http://www.angelahenry.com

Emanuel G. Mehallis - 12:45pm Aug 10, 2003 PST(#42 of 56)

My name is Emanuel G. Mehallis, the author of "DER CRISSCROSS".

Below is a brief synopsis.

Der Crisscross is a plausible mystery of yesteryear without any supernatural feats performed by its detective,Jim Hall. There are four recent murders brought to the attention of the FBI which connect a serial killer with incidents that take the present investigation back to World War II, and clues, which were ignored then by Army intelligence. An overlooked photograph of a Swastika drawn by a dying guard with his own blood puddling near his body, directs the detective to information needed to solve the present, as well as the past crimes. The events after the war become significant to the solution of murders, which had occurred over thirty-five years ago. What secret must today's killer protect? Why is it necessary now, to kill again after all these years? With the help of a beautiful nurse who Jim meets and falls in love with, he solves both the old and recent crimes.

Judy Nichols - 12:54pm Aug 16, 2003 PST(#43 of 56)

Looking for a good read?

Then go to www.judy5cents.com for my new book CAVIAR DREAMS, a novel of sex, greed and murder.

It's won no awards, and it's got no glowing reviews from people you've never heard of, but if you've spent a lot of time in bars or a lot of time in Cincinnati, or a lot of time in bars IN Cincinnati, you'll love it.

Trust me.

Judy Nichols

Fran Hinkel - 10:51am Aug 21, 2003 PST(#44 of 56)
    You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Originally posted by:

Jack Thompson - 11:18am Aug 20, 2003 PST

Has anyone out there read The Valley of Dying Stars? It is the best PI novel I've read in years. The author is new - name's J.D. Miller -and he is definitely the promising new talent to emerge this year. You can get his book on amazon.

Rob Loughran - 04:15pm Sep 21, 2003 PST(#45 of 56)

Hiya,

I'm Rob Loughran and I'd like to suggest my new book "High Steaks". It won the Salvo Press New Mystery Award and has received unanimous 5-star reviews at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.com. Although it was just released in August 2003 "High Steaks" has been optioned to Dave Klein (Director of Photography on "Mallrats", "Chasing Amy", "Dogma", and "Clerks") and I'm finishing up the script. Check out reviews at Salvopress.com or B&N.com or Amazon.com.

Thanks for your time,

Rob Loughran Windsor, CA

Bob Parsons - 08:35am Jan 8, 2004 PST(#46 of 56)

I'm recommending David Chacko--a mystery and espionage writer. He's written eight or ten novels, most of them available at his website--www.davidchacko.com.

He has a new one out this week--LESS THAN A SHADOW--that is a good one set in the Mideast and crackling with intrigue and tension.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (10 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / Suggest a New Author

• In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: