Buy through our affiliates:
•  Mystery Guild Book Club
•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Mystery Conventions and Organizations  /

Mystery Organizations

Post a message about mystery organizations, clubs, and associations. Meet up with other mystery fans and writers, discuss organizations' events and your experiences.

Click here for MysteryNet's list of Mystery Organizations, with detailed info.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (16 previous messages)
k wilmer - 04:50pm May 19, 1998 PST(#17 of 49)
Guest User

Is there an organization of Sherlock Holmes fans or Charlie Chan fans in the Cleveland, Ohio area?

kayla newton - 01:43am May 23, 1998 PST(#18 of 49)
Guest User

hi, i'm an avid reader and mysteries are one of my favorite things. i was just wondering if there were any book clubs, like doubleday etc. that are devoted to mysteries? thanx :)

Gretchen Fuller - 07:14pm May 25, 1998 PST(#19 of 49)

Kayla, There are mystery book clubs and I believe that one is run by Doubleday. Contact them and they can give you more info.

Cinnamon - 08:27pm Jun 9, 1998 PST(#20 of 49)

I love to read a good mystery. Sadly, I find that I don't have as much time as I would like to devote to reading them. When I get my hands on a few, my life turns into a "reading marathon" because I can't seem to put them down. Are there any good mystery clubs or organizations in Kentucky? I must admit, I am partial to Agatha Christie and the good oldies of that type.

Tim Turner - 12:19am Jul 9, 1998 PST(#21 of 49)

Hello out there. I am looking for a Mystery club in the Savannah,Georgia area. If not a small group of people that like to chat about Mysteries or true crime stuff on the chat lines. If so you can leave a message for me here.

Riley - 07:51pm Jul 12, 1998 PST(#22 of 49)

I'm a new mystery reader and interested in clubs , dinners, etc. in NYC. Have read some Sherlock Holmes as well as a few others -- have not yet figured out my favorite. Thanks for any suggestions.

Nikki Lopez - 07:54am Jul 15, 1998 PST(#23 of 49)

I love all mysteries...go in spurts w/the different kinds....have you all tried "The Cat Who.." books by Lillian Jackson Braun? Excellent.

I've joined the Mystery Guild Book Club - it is similar to Doubleday but specific to mysteries.

Priya Narendra - 04:01am Jul 28, 1998 PST(#24 of 49)

I Mary Higgins Clark's books and am dying to read her latest, but it hasn't been released in India yet. Any idea as to when they're planning to release it here?

Kate Stine - 09:24am Sep 12, 1998 PST(#25 of 49)

Hi everyone, I thought some of you might be interested in the Agatha Christie Society. Hope you'll join!--Kate Stine, Society Director

• ****************************************** COME BE OUR PARTNER IN CRIME!

We cordially invite all Agatha Christie fans to join us at THE AGATHA CHRISTIE SOCIETY in celebrating the life and work of The Queen of Crime.

The Agatha Christie Society was launched in 1993 under the guidance of Mathew Prichard, Christiešs grandson, to offer fun and fellowship to Dame Agathašs readers around the world. The Christie Chronicle features articles, news, special offers and a lively letters section from our worldwide membership. Contributors have included H.R.F. Keating, Margaret Maron, Carolyn G. Hart, Sarah Andrews and Jeanne M. Dams. Each issue also includes an article about Christie written by Mathew Prichard. Members receive this quarterly newsletter in the months of January, April, July and October.

The Society sponsors many events on both sides of the Atlantic. Around Christmas each year we have an outing to a special performance of The Mousetrap at the St. James Theatre in London. Our Annual Gathering is held each fall at a Christie-related site in England. In the U.S., the Society sponsors events at the Bouchercon Mystery Convention held annually in October and at the Malice Domestic Mystery Convention held each spring in Washington, D.C. We also list events and special offers for our members in the Chronicle.

New members receive several gifts to get started: an Agatha Christie Society membership card, a Society pin, bookmarks, bookplates, reading lists and our special Keepsake Edition of the Christie Chronicle.

We hope very much that you'll want to be our partner in crime and look forward to your participation in the Society.

Kate Stine Agatha Christie Society Director USA Email: AgathaUS@aol.com

Membership is $24 per year, checks should be made out to:

The Agatha Christie Society P.O. Box 1896, Radio City Station New York, NY 10101-1896 E-mail: AgathaUS@aol.com

Please include the following information with your check:

Name Street City State Zip Country E-mail Telephone Birthdate (month/date/year)

• Hazel - 07:35am Oct 21, 1998 PST(#26 of 49)

Is there a link or someone that can help me locate the name of a movie that I saw a long long time ago? An orginization? All I know is the plot and approximately when it was made. Thank you.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (23 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Other Mystery Topics  / Mystery Conventions and Organizations  / Mystery Organizations

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
    Shopping Here: