•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  /

What (or Who) Should I Read Next?

Need a suggestion? What's the best newly published mystery you've read lately? Have any suggestions for other MysteryNet.com viewers?
Please Note: To discuss an author in more depth, go to the Authors Folder and add a discussion if you don't see the one you want already there. To discuss a genre or theme of mysteries, go to the Genres & Themes Folder and add a discussion if you don't see the one you want already there.

PLEASE remember that not everyone will have read the whole book or know everything about the author that is being discussed. If you MUST discuss crucial plot information that could potentially spoil the ending of a book for someone (e.g., if somebody in the book dies), PLEASE WARN other community members by noting it at the top of your posting.

Are you looking for that next great book or author? You will want to check out our all new Book Reviews to see the latest offerings. Please take a moment to comment on the review and tell us if it sounds interesting to you.

PUBLISHERS are invited to submit copies for review by contacting notifymysterynet@google.com

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (984 previous messages)
DeeGee - 11:50am Oct 26, 2009 PST(#985 of 1002)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Been reading a lot of Tess Gerritsen lately, read the Surgeon, and then jumped a couple of books, had to go back to the Apprentice and the Sinner to find out how Jane Rizolli met her hubby.

Just finished The Mephisto Club, but highly recommend "Vanish" by the same author... this one was truly a page turner for me.

Also been reading Mark Billingham. Enjoyed his writing very much. Very gritty and I don't know whether he researched"Lifeless" by doing what the character does in the book but it reads like he did... alot.

Also been reading (sorry got the reading bug at the moment)

Peter Robinson. He writes about a character called Inspector Banks, english based, living and working in Yorkshire. I bought a couple of his books and they sat for an age on the pile on the bed side table, but then I started and so far read about 7 or eight in less than a couple of months. Thinking about it, must remember to write a list for when I go to the second hand book stalls. :o)

Also read some Jeremy Clarkson books and "As you do" by Richard Hammond of TopGear fame, it tells the story among other things, of the TopGear travels in Africa. A nice read. Enjoyed it.

As I said, just finished Mephisto Club... and have The Bone Garden and another Peter Robinson to choose from.... decisions, decisions.... :O)

Juanita Rose Violini - 09:15pm Oct 28, 2009 PST(#986 of 1002)
www.incrediblealmanac.com

Suggestions on what to read next?

My Book!

Almanac of the Infamous, the Incredible and the Ignored.

The Unabashed Self Promoter Strikes Again! Mhwaaaaaa....

Fran Hinkel - 06:20am Nov 24, 2010 PST(#987 of 1002)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

Looking for a new author or the next great book? Drop by our Book Reviews Section and check out our latest finds. New reviews are added frequently. If you like what you read, please add a post telling us if this is a book you would consider reading.

Felicia Alba - 07:57pm Jan 9, 2011 PST(#988 of 1002)

Hello all,

Just finished 'You've Been Warned' by Patterson. Could not put it down. I've been on a J.P. kick since reading 'The Quickie' (another great page-turner). Hope the suggestions help & you enjoy the books as much as i did!

DeeGee - 04:29am Jan 16, 2011 PST(#989 of 1002)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Just finished reading "Past Reason Hated" By Peter Robinson.

Peter Robinson grew up in Yorkshire, but now lives in Canada. He is well known for his Inspector Banks series and these have recently been turned into a television series in the UK.

sysop - 11:12am Jan 3, 2012 PST(#990 of 1002)

If you are looking for a little something different to read, check out the book review for Cash Peters, Sister Madeline Investigates found here:

sysop "Peters, Cash: " Force of Habit: Sister Madeline Investigates"" Jan 3, 2012 - 10:15am

Amanda Edmunds - 06:31am Jan 4, 2012 PST(#991 of 1002)

I have just finished Karen Rose, Have you Seen Her, Tess Gerritsen is really good but she doesnt write fast enough for me, James Patterson is also very Good Just bought his new one Kill Alex Cross, R.D Wingfield is always good for a quick Read he writes about Inspector Frost. I have so many favourite Mystery/Murder Authors

Fran Hinkel - 11:44am Jan 9, 2012 PST(#992 of 1002)
You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave!

I love Patterson. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know he had a new one out. Is Karen Rose by Gerritsen?

I am reading a brand new author right now -Donald Thompson Charlie's Cruise. I'm really enjoying it so far and will be doing a book review on it shortly to say more about it.

Sophia Hsu - 09:06am Feb 10, 2012 PST(#993 of 1002)

Another good book to read is called "Destiny."

Here's the beginning summary of it "Gabriella is a witch. The problem is, she doesn't remember. She repressed the memories of her powers years ago when her mother was murdered. Now, the warlock who was responsible for her mother's death has set his sights on Gabriella...."

There's actually a contest that's giving it out right now too! Free signups! http://thecelebritycafe.com/contests/destin y-prize-pack

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (9 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Mystery Books & Authors  / What (or Who) Should I Read Next?

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: