•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (279 previous messages)
Puma - 11:57pm Jul 8, 2001 PST(#280 of 1770)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There are two words that can also explain why someone might think they are being excluded from a conversation... guerrilla postings.

This activity, in which I am currently engaged, and generally assume credit for naming, is in fact, simply use of a BBS as a bulletin board, rather than a chat. Such posts are typically rhetorical.

Also, it is sometimes, that there is really no conversation. If the appearances of some parties are less frequent than others, dozens of posts may occur in the interim. This can make reference to a previous post seem exclusive, as that post may have been noted by only a limited number of members.

daffodil - 01:27am Jul 9, 2001 PST(#281 of 1770)

I think a lot of people notice your posts.

(((((Puma))))) *g*

Garry "Dr" Watson - 02:38am Jul 9, 2001 PST(#282 of 1770)
them's the breaks breaks breaks

Puma Who ?..GRIN

Sultry Brunette - 07:38pm Jul 27, 2001 PST(#283 of 1770)
~It is better to be hated for who you are, than liked for who you are not~

Wow, I'm glad Dave was brave enough to bring this discussion to the forefront of people's minds. It may have been noticed (or maybe not) that I post even less than I used to...especially in Social Lounge. I'm not angry but it can be a little depressing when I come into the Kitchen, for example, and say "Hi Everyone" and try to carry a conversation with 6 or so people that are already there. Heck, I try to follow the current thread. I get a bunch of "Hi (((Sultry)))" but then the conversation totally excludes me even if I make a comment or have a question about the current topic! It's depressing when I'm ignored repeatedly in the Chat folders, no matter what I try or what I say. Honestly, I've been really feeling that either a lot of people here hate me, or that the main posters in the Social Lounge chat folders are kinda self-centered since so often non-regular SL posters are excluded. I didn't realize I wasn't more than a handful of those experiencing this.

I see this discussion was several weeks a go, so cool. I think I'll actually venture back into Kitchen and see if anyone will actually acknowledge my posts with more than a hi, then nothing... even if I try to post for an hour or more. Perhaps this is all changed. I had loved MN so much... but I don't like going to a SL where I feel I'm ignored because I'm not part of the "right" group and make it to a bunch of gatherings. And please, I don't expect to be catered to or get over-enthusiastic hi's and attempts at making me see how much people are trying. I'd just like to be able to be a regular "part" of a conversation and not an ignored observer.

Sad part is I really like all the people that I feel the most left out by... :o(

Anyway... I'll give it a chance again. :o) And if I'm ignored as I have been repeatedly in the past, then at least I can search out those that have posted here and felt ignored also... and we can have a friendly conversation where we're all included. :o)

Ze Moi - 07:45pm Jul 27, 2001 PST(#284 of 1770)
"I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me." --Tool

That's why I've committed to JB...

kirsten b - 08:17pm Jul 27, 2001 PST(#285 of 1770)

Sultry, I love talking to you. Hop on IM anytime. I am here quite a bit.

Shelly Dee - 11:02pm Jul 27, 2001 PST(#286 of 1770)
Your value has nothing to do with your valuables.

Sultry,

You live by the sword...You die by the sword. Bummer, No?

Perhaps you should take a tour of MN archives and peek at how many times you "included" people in your posts vs. how many times you "excluded" people, or ran people off.

Whether deliberate or not, you are just as "guilty" as the rest of us of being exclusionary.

I find it astounding that you feel the brunt of the very thing you have participated in.

Sometimes posts get missed, sometimes they are deliberately ignored...sometimes people respond in a downright rude manner.

That's life.

Deal with it.

The rest of us have had too.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (1484 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: