•  Buy Books
•  Buy Games

Using Discussion

Registering (FREE—required to post)

• Subscribe   • Edit Posts   • Personal Profile

Customization & Tools (For Members)

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  /

Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

We are always looking for ways to improve your enjoyment and interest in the Social Lounge. Your opinions are valuable to MysteryNet and we hope you will take the opportunity to post your comments and suggestions in this discussion.

Previous MessagesEarliest MessagesOutlineRecent Messages More Messages (1753 previous messages)
rubyj - 12:13am Mar 12, 2013 PST(#1754 of 1770)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

I think it is a good idea...Game Hub, Game Room, Game On, Game Central...and as one who has zinged, pinged, marco'd...I'd keep the Game Cave & put all in there except for maybe 2 to 3 P&G each of regular & voting...I stopped doing any P&S, so can't venture an opinion on these. Maybe keep one folder for comments/suggestions. So maybe something like...

Game Hub
>Comments/Suggestions
>Game Cave
>P&G >Regular...Voting
>P&S ?
>Teasers

DeeGee - 10:45am Mar 13, 2013 PST(#1755 of 1770)
A birth certificate shows you were born. A death certificate shows you have died. A photo album shows you have lived.

Sounds like a plan Fran.

White Tornado - 01:08pm Mar 13, 2013 PST(#1756 of 1770)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

DeeGee just made a good point about newbies.

I wouldn't want to see any games not kept active totally disappear in case activity does pick up and they are readily avail to add to lineup.

RE what Dee said, I am wondering if maybe it is time to condense the Social Lounge as well, keeping the most active and any vital folders (like test skills, tech chall, virus alerts) so there is less threads to swim thru, better chances of newbies seeing a response to their posts encouraging them to return and if activity picks up returning threads as deemed.

kirsten b - 07:13pm Mar 13, 2013 PST(#1757 of 1770)

JB, the kitchen, and a few other more "social" areas could be condensed into just 1 talk about anything folder. Toss the "where are you from" folder and maybe a few other of those types since many folks have moved and a good portion of the people haven't been seen in years.

kirsten b - 07:14pm Mar 13, 2013 PST(#1758 of 1770)

Oh, and announcements and special thoughts could also be condensed since many folks say congrats in both areas. They are just very similar.

_Jersey_Girl_ - 06:50am Mar 19, 2013 PST(#1759 of 1770)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

I'm sentimental and would like to keep "Where Are You From", just to remind us who has been here before, but that's just sentimental ol' me. If I had my way, nothing would ever change. But I agree that, hopefully cleaning things up a bit will attract more newbies.

rubyj - 09:34pm May 15, 2013 PST(#1760 of 1770)
I confess...started using wrinkle cream and dyed my hair...now my face is darker and my hair is wrinkled...whassup with that?

Need to discuss this again, game folders are getting dusty and many have cobwebs. We need a revamp/update...time for Spring cleaning, I think.

_Jersey_Girl_ - 10:03pm May 15, 2013 PST(#1761 of 1770)
"Nothing matters in the whole wide world when you're in love with a Jersey Girl." - T. Waits

I've been very bad about playing so I will leave it up to those who have been playing.

White Tornado - 11:11pm May 15, 2013 PST(#1762 of 1770)
(8@D)======> The WINDS of change are inevitable...but then...so is the Power of Love......TORNADO WARNING: Some people are sheltered,,,,,, and then,,,,,, I unshelter them

Personally don't think much can be done unless more newbies swing by and stay on consistent basis...FB, cell ph life & r/l have passed us by...as u c college life has caught some young guns.
Even I have been on fringe of not getting here w/ studies, tho, w/ a lot of pc homework allows me to use dividing studies w/ mini breaks as a means to stay in touch. I use getting segments of homework done as a reward to take a break and check, news, emails, MN & FB.

Thus, I don't know if springing cleaning or adding will have much effect. That being said thru Psychology as I mentioned prev, I was able to use some my puzzles here as questions on an intelligence project. Got some pretty good post reviews on my game Compound Interest when they saw how it worked so I've been thinking it might be worth pulling it out of Test Lab and see if it garners interest. Check it out and give input peeps.

I might add here they had the 'worst' correct results...only Wuzzle's Sense of Humor competed comparatively with oth 20 questions. Did not make me smarter than rest of the field...it served its purpose: the field was on equal footing, not one had an edge over another knowing answer ahead of time...and it dropped potential scores; not one individ score was over 80% and not one combined score was over 60%...but score was not my focus, thinking process was and I wound up with some unexpected observations as a result which I am quite fond of encompassing in my report....still waiting for my final report grade on project.

Earliest MessagesOutlineRecent MessagesMore Messages (8 following messages)

Read Subscriptions  Search  New User Registration  Login

[F] Mystery Net Community  / Social Lounge  / Comments and Suggestions for Social Lounge

In Association with Amazon.com

Support MysteryNet

Start Your Amazon
Shopping Here: